Our Warranty We Offer On All Bicycles.......Even if you did not buy your bicycle direct from ElectricBicycle.com, Rest assured your covered, providing you purchased it from one of our authorized dealers.
Warranty (last updated 03/21/2016)
ElectricBicycle.com offers a 90-day limited manufacturers warranty on all bicycles and accessories on all models that are purchased from an authorized dealer and up to 180 days on certain listed models. Original purchase receipt required.
ElectricBicycle.com will NOT offer any warranty on any products purchased from second hand sellers, non authorized Dealers, products purchased used, or products that are purchased via outlet centers. ElectricBicycle.com will offer free lifetime technical support access on these products & if parts are needed, those parts may be purchased from ElectricBicycle.com.
Selected 90 day warranty models include:
XB-504 - Cabo Cruiser - Alpine Trails - Sierra Trails - South - Clearwater
Selected 6 Month (180 days) Warranty models include:
Trail Maker - Trail Climber - X-Cursion - Newport - Malibu - City Express - Kona - Hanalei - Baja - Rubicon - Sedona
Selected 12 Month (ONE YEAR) Warranty models include:
Summit 36 V - Summit 48 V
Selected Limited Lifetime Warranty On Frame:
Trail Maker - Trail Climber - X-Cursion - Newport - Malibu - Kona - Hanalei - Baja - Rubicon - Sedona - Summit 36V - Summit 48V
The warranty starts the day the bicycle is delivered to you. This warranty covers factory defects and defaults only. We do not cover misuse or broken parts caused by the user or by any other event. We will pay for standard shipping service costs on the first & second warranty shipment only. Any additional warranty parts that are needed will require the customer to pay all shipping costs.
We offer a full 6-month even trade warranty on defective batteries.
Selected 1 Year Battery Warranty models include:
Trail Maker - Trail Climber - X-Cursion - Newport - Malibu - City Express - Kona - Hanalei - Baja - Rubicon - Sedona - Summit 36V - Summit 48V
If any battery should become faulty within the specified warranty period we will replace the battery free of charge. ElectricBicycle.com requires that defective batteries be returned to us for exchange. ElectricBicycle.com does not pay the shipping fee's to return the batteries to us however we will pay to ship the replacement batteries back to you. If you have questions about our warranty, please contact our support department by opening a ticket only at http://www.x-tremescooters.com/support/. A friendly representative will get back to you quickly. Our support department hours are Monday through Thursday 8 AM to 5 PM PST.
Limited Warranty Details
What is covered & what is not covered:
1. Shipping damage: Should your item arrive with damage that is a direct result of the assigned shipping carriers mishandling, we will replace those damaged parts free of charge under warranty as long as the damage is reported immediately after delivery. In the event that the damage is determined to be extensive, (digital photos may be required by e-mail), at ElectricBicycle.com's discretion and after careful consideration, we may arrange to have the item picked up and returned to ElectricBicycle.com for free replacement. ElectricBicycle.com will provide technical support via phone or through our Support Help Desk to assist customers with the replacement of parts but will not pay labor charges to install such parts.
Freight Shipping Note: The trucking company will contact you by phone to schedule your appointment for delivery (or pick up at terminal). For Business and Residential Delivery, the item will be delivered to the end of your loading dock/driveway and will not be moved into your business, home or garage. You must be present to accept delivery. Missed delivery appointments are subject to charges for additional delivery attempt. Please inspect the item for any visible damages upon delivery as any damage must be noted on the delivery receipt in order to be eligible for damage claims. Do not refuse the shipment. Please notify our Customer Service Department immediately after delivery if damage has occurred.
2. Tires, tubes & kick stands: These items are NOT covered unless they are damaged as a result of shipping.
3. During your applicable warranty period: ElectricBicycle.com will replace any defective part free of charge and free of shipping charge to the end user of the bicycle. We may require certain parts to be returned to ElectricBicycle.com before replacing those parts. Shipping costs back to ElectricBicycle.com must be paid for by the end user / customer. Call tags will never be issued.
RECEIVING AND INSPECTING FREIGHT SHIPMENTS
When you receive your shipment, ask the carrier the following questions:
1. Is it damaged? Do not sign the receipt before inspecting for damage. Check for holes, water stains, and tears. Pick up cartons if you can. Check for rattling. Listen for something broken inside. Check to see if any packages have been opened or if the sealing tape has been tampered with.
2. Is the piece count correct? Count the pieces and match the number on the delivery receipt to the number you have counted. If the shipment is on a pallet, check to make sure the pallet is solid with no voids inside the stack. If the shipment is shrink or stretch wrapped, make sure the wrap hasn't been cut and pieces removed. Sign only for the type of unit you receive. For example: two pallets. Don't sign for the number of packages that are supposed to be on the pallet. However, if time permits or the pallet is not banded or shrink wrapped, count the packages, and only then sign for the number of packages.
If your delivery doesn't check out, do the following:
1. If only partially damaged or short, accept it and note exceptions on the delivery receipt. Do not refuse the shipment.
How to note exceptions:
1. Damage Notations: Be specific. Describe the damage accurately. Pinpoint the locations of all defects.
2. Shortage Notations: If part of shipment is missing, write the number of pieces actually delivered on the delivery receipt and circle it. Then write down the number of pieces missing and note them as "short."
3. Signatures: Write down all exceptions on both copies of the delivery receipt. Have the driver sign both copies of the delivery receipt in his full name (not initials or nicknames). After the driver signs, you sign also.
Signature Required Option:
We make a Signature Required Service available to all our customers at the
time of purchase for a minimal fee of $4.50. If this service is not purchased we will not be responsible for packages that have been left at the recipient's door and consequently lost and/or Stolen.
Order Cancellation Policy:
Before completing your purchase, please confirm that you have selected the correct item(s), color(s), accessories, etc. Due to the high volume of orders we receive and the speed at which we process these orders, once an order is placed it is generally processed & shipped immediately therefore we have a NO cancellation policy after an order has been placed.
Lifetime Technical Support:
Lifetime technical support is provided to each customer that purchases an ElectricBicycle.com. To access our technical support department click on this link http://support.x-tremescooters.com/. After a support ticket has been opened a technician will respond to your ticket and an e-mail will be sent to you. If you would like to speak to a technician by phone, include your phone number on the ticket and ask the technician to contact you. Tickets are answered in the order received. Your initial posting puts you in line for the next technician to assist you. Should you post to your ticket before a technician responds, you will move your ticket to the bottom of the list so to ensure a quick reply, do not to post again until a tech replies to you.
ElectricBicycle.com, X-Treme Scooters and it's Distributors are not responsible for the proper or improper use of merchandise sold. We care about our customers and urge you to exercise caution and take necessary safety measures to protect yourself while engaging in cycling. ElectricBicycle.com encourages, begs, and asks that you wear a helmet and use appropriate lighting while riding at night regardless of the legal requirements in your particular state. Potential customers, you should check with your local law enforcement agency before purchasing about age requirements for riding our electric bicycles. Some states may have laws restricting the use of these items on public streets, generally all states allow them on private property such as campgrounds, parks etc....but many states have age requirements and most states require helmets and protective equipment to be worn by certain age children. Please always bike safely. Know your laws before you go biking. We will not take back a bicycle if you find your laws do not permit your child to ride it. Check first.